Cove Rangers 4 Formartine United 2

TEENAGE striker Cameron Carnie made his mark as Cove saw off a spirited Formartine side to maintain their recent run of good form in the GPH Builders Merchant Aberdeenshire League.
The 16-year-old, pictured, has been scoring for fun at youth level, so was rewarded with a second start in a row for the under-20 side.
He was also on the first team bench for the recent William Hill Scottish Cup clash with Auchinleck Talbot at Balmoral.
Carnie repaid the faith being shown in him by netting twice in a match that was highly entertaining despite the atrocious weather conditions.
Cove first team squad regulars Cammy Milne and Hamish MacLeod also featured against what was a very young Formartine side.
Formartine gave Cove an early scare when their striker Scott Martin got on the end of a long through ball before advancing home keeper Zack Ellis but the little No9's header went wide.
Martin proved to be a bit of a menace to the Cove defence throughout the night.
Cove took the lead in the 15th minute when MacLeod's perfectly flighted free-kick from wide on the right found Reigan THOMSON and he steered a controlled first time side footer home from 14 yards.
CARNIE made it 2-0 in the 28th minute with a classy finish. He raced on to a through ball and kept his cool to clip a shot from the edge of the area beyond Formartine keeper Thomas Mackie.
It should have been three when Daniel Critchard fed the ball down the left wing to Adam Jojo and his cross to the back post reached MacLeod. The winger then hit his shot across the face of the goal and wide when it looked easier to score.
Formartine made the best of that let-off by pulling a goal back seconds before the break.
The lively MARTIN chased after a pass through the middle then fired a powerful 18 yard shot into bottom corner of the net.
CARNIE restored Cove's two goal advantage in the 50th minute.
His first shot from Daniel Critchard's left wing cross was well save by Mackie but Carnie was quick off the mark to pounce on the rebound and batter the ball into the roof of the net from close range.
MacLeod was unlucky not to make it 4-1 with a curling 20 yard shot that smacked off the Formartine crossbar.
MARTIN capped a fine night for him by bringing Formartjne back to within a goal of Cove again with a spectacular 25 yard shot that flew past home keeper Ellis into the top corner.
Ellis then denied the visitors an equaliser with a fantastic save from Formartjne sub Mourad Ahmanache's shot after he had been sent clear by a clever pass from Martin.
MACLEOD eased Cove nerves by claiming their fourth in the 83rd minute.
The 18-year-old took a cut back from Matthew Tough in his stride before firing a low 14 yard shot into the corner of the net to ensure Cove secured all three points.

COVE RANGERS: Ellis, Smith, Corthals, Paton, Milne, Thomson, MacLeod, Forsyth, Carnie, Joji, Critchard.
Subs: Duncan, Kinghorn, Tough, Kennedy, Youngson.

FORMARTINE UNITED: Mackie, Lawrence, MacKinnon, Murray, Esson, Anderson, McIntosh, Matthew, Martin, Wilson, Whyte.
Subs: Smith, Killoh, Ahmanache, MacDonald, Webster.