Berwick Rangers 0 Cove Rangers 3
(Cove win 7-0 on aggregate).

SPFL League Two Play-Off Final, Second Leg
Saturday May 18, 2019
At Shielfield Park.

SUPER Cove Rangers are up into League Two for next season after a storming victory over Berwick Rangers in the second leg of their SPFL Pyramid Play-off final.
Leading 4-0 from the first leg there was never any real danger of Cove coming unstuck at Shielfield Park, especially with a noisy army of around 400 fans cheering them on from start to finish.
Jamie Masson, the man of the match by a country mile, ended any hope of a miracle comeback when he gave Cove an early lead.
Berwick’s misery deepened when their skipper Ross Brown was sent off in the last minute of the first half.
When Jordon Brown netted the second in the 47th minute it meant the party could start early for the Cove fans, who were as brilliant as their team.
Cove always looked a league apart from their hosts and deserved to be the ones going up after dominating the game from the first whistle to the last.
The Cove fans had hardly settled into their seats when MASSON opened the scoring after only eight minutes.
The midfielder cut inside from the left wing then hit a shot that took a wicked deflection off a Berwick defender.
Home defender Declan O’Kane made a desperate attempt to boot the ball clear as it dropped in to their goal but nearest ref’s assistant Dan McFarlane immediately signalled that it had already crossed the line.
Berwick’s Lewis Barr was booked for protesting about the decision but the goal stood.
Cove threatened again in the 15th minute when Masson picked out Scott Ross with a free kick from the left but the defender’s 12 yard header was held by home keeper Ryan Goodfellow.
Berwick’s only chance of the half was a Grant Rose. volley that was easily held by Cove keeper Stuart McKenzie.
Cove followed that with Masson finding Daniel Park with an excellent cross field pass but the midfielder could then only steer his low shot wide of the target.
Milne started the next attack with a pass to Jordon Brown and his 20 yard shot was held by Goodfellow.
Berwick’s chances of saving themselves were totally dead when defender Brown was rightly red carded in the 44th minute.
He could have no complaints after a blatant foul on Megginson, just as the striker was about to pull the trigger from just outside the area after a brilliant passing move by Cove.
Megginson battered the resulting free-kick against the Berwick defensive wall but the Cove fans didn’t seem to care as they gave their heroes a rousing ovation when they made their way inside at the interval.
Cove went further ahead two minutes after the restart.
Megginson laid the ball off perfectly to Masson and his low cross from the left was poked over the line by BROWN.
Goodfellow then had to dive full length to save Connor Scully’s volley as Cove underlined their superiority.
Megginson also went close with a shot on the turn from 15 yards that went inches wide.
Masson was unlucky again with a curling shot from the edge of the area that only just went wide of Goofellow’s left post.
Cove capped a wonderful day’s work by making it 3-0 in the 75th minute.
Sam Burnett slipped the ball through to fellow Cove sub Paul MCMANUS and he calmly battered it into the net from close range.
The Cove fans had been chanting for veteran skipper Eric Watson to get on for what would be his last appearance for the club.
And they were rewarded when the 37–year-old replaced Milne with six minutes to go.
Watson almost made it a fairytale finale with a close range header that went just wide of the target.
Watson then saw another header pushed clear by Goodfellow as the one way traffic continued.
There were amazing scenes at the final whistle as Cove and their fans celebrated becoming the first Highland League side to earn promotion via the Pyramid System.

BERWICK RANGERS: Goodfellow, O’Kane, Hume, See, Cook, Barr, McIIduff, Rose (Adamson 58), Ogilvie (Forbes 46), Brown, Blues (Aloulou 76)
Subs: Orru, Brennan.

COVE RANGERS: McKenzie, Kelly, H Milne (Watson 84) Scully, Ross, Strachan, Yule, Masson, Megginson (McManus 61); Brown (Burnett 65), Park.
Subs: Redford, MacRae, MacLeod, McCafferty.

Referee: John McKendrick