SEVEN UP: Cove Rangers' scorers in the victory at Stirling Albion, from left, Harry Milne, Jordon Brown, Fraser Fyvie, Mitch Megginson and Jamie Masson.

Stirling Albion 1 Cove Rangers 7

Ladbrokes League Two
Tuesday March 10, 2020
At Forthbank Stadium
Attendance: 423.

SPECTACULAR goals were the order of the night as Cove Rangers delivered a high quality performance to blow Stirling Albion away in an astonishing first 45 minutes.
Wonder strikes from Mitch Megginson, Fraser Fyvie and Harry Milne had Cove three ahead inside 21 minutes.
Jamie Masson also netted and Megginson grabbed his second to ensure Cove went in at the interval 5-0 up.
It was a deserved reward for what will be remembered as one of the best - if not THE best - first half displays delivered by any Cove side.
Masson made it six with another cracker just after the hour and Jordon Brown got the seventh on what was a joyful night for the loyal band of Cove fans who made the midweek trek to Stirling
Cove got the ball rolling in the ninth minute with an absolute stunner from skipper MEGGINSON.
Masson began the move with a fine ball down the left to the striker.
Megginson then showed patience as he skipped inside, along the edge of the 18-yard line, past a couple of defenders to create space to then drill an unstoppable low shot past diving home keeper Nicky Hogarth for what was Cove’s 70th league goal of the campaign.
Cove swept forward again, with Blair Yule finding Fyvie on the right but his 20 yard shot flew well off target.
FYVIE, who was clearly relishing playing in a more attacking role, made no such mistake when he made it 2-0 in the 16th minute in some style.
The midfielder collected the ball fully 25 yards out and beat Hogarth with a well placed shot into the bottom corner of the net.
Yule then made a vital clearance from a Stirling corner to ensure Cove kept their advantage.
Cove’s third goal, in 21st minute, was just as spectacular as the first two.
Scott Ross lobbed the ball into the Stirling area from wide on the right and MILNE was there to lash home a perfectly executed first time right foot volley from around 16 yards.
The home side went close soon afterwards when Dylan Mackin hit a low shot from distance just wide of McKenzie’s left post.
The small band of Cove Rangers fans were in dreamland when it became 4-0 in the 31st minute.
`Megginson played a cross in from the right which evaded Fyvie but MASSON nipped in behind him to collect the ball instead and fire it past Hogarth from 15 yards.
Mackin almost pulled a goal back in the 35th minute but his powerful 30 yard shot rebounded to safety off the face of the Cove crossbar.
Cove responded by making it 5-0 in the 38th minute.
Masson played the ball forward to MEGGINSON and he claimed his 24th league goal of the season, with another unstoppable low shot from 14 yards, to become joint top scorer in the SPFL, alongside Dundee United and Scotland striker Lawrence Shankland.
Ryan Strachan then made a surging run through the middle and passed to Megginson, who in turn played the ball on for Broque Watson to fire a shot from a tight angle on the right just wide as Cove finished an astonishing half as they had started it, on the attack.

HEAD MAN: Jamie Masson wheels away to celebrate after nodding home our sixth goal against Stirling Albion.

There was no let up from Cove in the second period and their sixth goal, in the 61st minute, was also right out of the top drawer.
The move was started by Connor Scully, who played a magnificent cross field pass to send Watson away on the right.
The winger then danced past Kyle Banner on his way to the byline then chipped the ball over to the back post for MASSON to net with a close range header.
Masson received a loud ovation from the Cove fans when he was replaced soon afterwards, with youngster Archie Meekison coming on.
Jordon Brown and Josh Mulligan also came on for Megginson and Watson in the 69th minute.
Ronan Hughes tried to pull a goal back for Stirling in the 75th minute but his 20 yard free-kick went harmlessly wide of McKenzie’s right post.
Stirling were reduced to 10 men in the 78th when Kevin Nicoll was deservedly sent-off for a shocking two foot lunge on Mulligan.
The 10 men followed that by scoring a consolation goal when substitute Daryl DUFFY broke into the box to net from 16 yards.
Cove immediately restored their six goal advantage when Fyvie crossed the ball in from the left for BROWN to batter home from close range to finish an unforgettable night 13 points clear at the top of the table with eight to play.

STIRLING ALBION: Hogarth, Truesdale (McLean 36), Thomson, Nicoll, Banner, McGregor, Jardine, Docherty, Mackin (Bikey 70), Hughes, Willis (Duffy 56).
Subs: Stott, Scott, Wright, Heaver.

COVE RANGERS: McKenzie, Ross, Higgins, Strachan, Milne, Yule, Fyvie, Scully, Masson (Meekison 65), Watson (Mulligan 69), Megginson (Brown 69).
Subs: Leighton,  Redman, McCafferty.

Referee: Chris Graham.

DELIGHTED: Cove Rangers trio Broque Watson, Mitch Megginson and Jame Masson after our sensational victory over Stirling Albion.